Friday, February 8, 2013

Mama Sita's Pancit Bihon Recipe


When I am alone and bored at home, I think about food. So when I got hungry for lunch today, I went hunting for ingredients in my pantry and fridge to cook because I cannot go anywhere. Yup, I am stuck at home because my car is in the shop. So, I found ingredients for Pancit Bihon because I have been thinking about it (other foods too!)


Sure there is a whole lot of recipes you can find online and I have my favorites, but this time I am not cooking with an online recipe.Instead, I am using a Mama Sita's Pancit Bihon Recipe mix. It's cheating, but who cares! It is easy and delicious!



PANCIT BIHON (Stir Fried Rice Noodle) Recipe 

Ingredients: 
1 pkg (8 oz) Rice Noodles - I cut mine in half so it can easily fit in the pan.Shrimp - you can also use other meat, of course.
2-3 cloves garlic
1 pc small red onion
1 cup chopped cabbage
1 cup carrots, cut into strips
2 tbps vegetable oil
1 pkg Mama Sitas Pancit Bihon Mix, dissolve in 3 cups water.
Procedure:
1.Saute garlic in oil until golden brown, then add onion, and saute until it turns soft and transparent. Add shrimp and saute for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add Mama Sita's mix and bring to boil. Turn the heat down.
3. Mix in vegetables and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add rice noodles and stir until fully covered. Let it simmer until noodles until cooked, about 5-7 minutes. Add more water if necessary.




Enjoy!

xo, J.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be glad to hear from you. If you tried the recipe, please leave a comment with your feedback. Also, feel free to share your favorite recipes. Thanks! -J.

Share The Plate